About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Journalist

Monday, May 23, 2011

‘My granddaughter given us reason to celebrate'

K Sivalakshamma (65) was on cloud nine, distributing sweets along with her son-in-law Mallu Lakshma Reddy, after her granddaughter Mallu Jyotsna secured 594 marks in the SSC examinatons, whose results were declared on Saturday.“It is the first celebration in the family after my daughter Sunita Reddy, died in 2006. We had stopped celebrating festivals after that. Jyotsna has given us a reason to celebrate again. If her mother was alive today, she too would have been proud of her performance,” said Sivalakshamma, wiping her tears of joy. Jyotsna’s family migrated from Nandyala in Kurnool district to the city a couple of years ago. Her father Mallu Lakshma Reddy is working as a sergeant in the Indian Air Force. The family resides at Ferozguda. Jyotsna, visibly happy said, “It is really a happy moment for me and my family. My teachers helped me a lot during the preparations but I got such good marks only because of my mother’s grace and blessings of my father and maternal grandmother, who always encouraged me.” Jyotsna wants to become an IT professional and invent new technologies for the common man. She plans to join the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) to pursue computer sciences. Similarly,  most girl students who secured meritorious scores, have fixed ambitions in navigating their careers.  A Sushmita, who secured 591 marks said she wants to become a physicist. “I want to pursue PhD in Physics after taking up Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in  my Intermediate,” she added. Sushmita secured 99 marks in maths and 100 in both science and social studies. Another topper, V Shruthi who secured 581 marks said she wanted to become a civil servant.  Shruthi is a native of Tanuku in West Godavari.

By Mouli Mareedu
moulimareedu@gmail.com

No comments: